Genesis of SICM
Seshadripuram Educational Trust, since its establishment in 1930, has been known for producing quality students. In 2005, the Trust established Seshadripuram Institute of Commerce and Management offering Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Business Administration.
Quality education is the hallmark of excellence. We, at Seshadripuram Institute of Commerce and Management, are working to enhance institutional culture to better serve the needs of an ever changing and dynamic learning community. Since 2005, we bear the torch of education which heightens the path of life.
As said by Swami Vivekananda "Real Education is one by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded and by which one can stand on one's own feet", our college is here to kindle the flame of Knowledge, Truth and Tolerance.
The institution has achieved academic excellence since its inception. The institution has to its credit several University Ranks and Gold Medals. The college has several medals in sports and other extra-curricular activities. At SICM, students have a multidimensional grooming which makes them self- directed and responsible citizens.
We strongly believe in the holistic education. The learning culture evolved is for the lifetime not just for graduation. Hence our Motto is:
2018-22 (Post NAAC)
- NAAC-ACCREDITED 'B' Grade
- 4th Rank by Thanuja G, B.Com in Bangalore University
- Ranked 9th Best Commerce College in India from Higher Education Review
- Ranked 9th Best BBA College in India from Higher Education Review Magazine
- Ranked 103 at all India level Commerce Colleges by India Today
- Successfully participation in National Institute Ranking Framework
- Inter College Fest - SAMSRUSHTI
- Remodelled the National Conference into Multi Disciplinary Conference - Erudite
- Classroom Upgradations and Adaptations in Teaching Pedagogy - Online/Hybrid Teaching in the wake of pandemic
2015 - 2017
- Secured 2nd Rank by Parineetha Somayaji in Bangalore University Examinations
- Upgradation of Business Lab
- Served as Centralised Valuation Unit for Bangalore University
- Initiated National Conference from Department of Commerce and Management
- Introduction of Value Added Programs
2012 - 14
- Secured 9th Rank by Rekha J, B.Com in Bangalore University Examination
- Formation of Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Upgradation to ICT Infrastructure to all the classrooms
- Strength Increased for B.COM - 120 - 240 and BBA - 100 - 120
- 10 mts Air Rifle Shooting Range
- Introduction of NSS Department
- Appreciation from Unique Identification Authority of India for inclusion of Aadhar Card details in Admissions.
- Introduction of Ipomo, Computerisation of Accounting
- Upgradation of Computer Lab
2009 - 2011
- Addition of 4th and 5th Floor
- Increased intake of Students, B.Com -180 and BBA 100
- NCC Affiliation to 39 Karnataka Battalion, Karnataka and Goa Directorate and inclusion of Gym facilities
2005 - 2008
- Established with two rooms with a humble strength of B.Com - 60 and BBA - 40